Have a live lesson with one of our teachers
Show up and enjoy your lesson
- Only if you agree, some lessons may be recorded, edited and might be published onto the website.
- Simple! Just install iolma Videocall, start it and set up your camera(s) - if you can see yourself in the preview window, it's all set up. You can download iolma Videocall here, and on that same page you will find the complete guide on how to use it.
- On the teacher's profile page, check their lesson conditions, and if you agree to them, click on "Book a lesson"
- Use the calendar to book a lesson in one of the available time intervals.
- If the teacher is in another country than you, pay particular attention to the timezone differences - make sure you set your location correctly, as the hours are displayed in your local time
- Your lesson booking is subject to teacher's confirmation. In the unlikely scenario where the teacher declines your lesson booking, the lesson fee will be fully reimbursed to your wallet.
- To cancel a booking, log in to your iolma account, go to My lessons , click on the booking you'd like to cancel, and then, in the booking details page, click on "Cancel booking"
- You can cancel a booking for free if you cancel it with more than 24 hours before the start of the lesson
- If you cancel it with less than 24 hours before the start of the lesson, then a cancellation fee may apply.
- Teachers have different cancellation policies. For details on the applicable cancellation policy, please consult the respective teacher's profile page.
- Teachers have different fees for their lessons. For details on the lesson fees each teacher has, please consult the respective teacher's profile page.
- Some teachers might choose to provide a free trial lesson.
- For certain lessons, the teacher might set a fee different from the ones displayed on the teacher's profile page. See below for details.
- Upon submitting the booking, you will be asked to pay the lesson fee.
- Your lesson booking is subject to teacher's confirmation. In the unlikely scenario where the teacher declines your lesson booking, the lesson fee will be reimbursed.
- For certain lessons, the teacher might set a fee different from the ones displayed on the teacher's profile page.
- In such case, you will receive a message describing the adjusted lesson fee, and also you can see the proposed adjusted fee in the respective booking's details page.
- At that point, you can either:
- accept the adjusted fee
- negotiate the lesson fee with the teacher, using the messages in the respective booking's details page
- or decline the teacher's proposed adjusted fee and cancel the booking altogether.
- If the adjusted fee is higher than the initial fee, you will be required to pay the difference. However, if the adjusted fee is lower than the initial fee, the difference will be reimbursed to you.
- The lessons you booked will appear in the My lessons section. From there you can access each booking's details page.
- You will receive reminders 72 hours and 6 hours before the lesson starts.
- In the meantime, if necessary, from the respective booking's detailed page, you can continue discussing the upcoming lesson with the teacher.
- We recommend that, at least 10 minutes before the starting time of the lesson, you log in to iolma and start the videocall software by clicking on "Launch Videocall".
- Make sure to properly configure the software, choosing the correct camera and microphone.
- When it's time to start the lesson, you will be "called" by the teacher and all you have to do is answer.
- When booking a lesson, you will be CLEARLY asked if you agree that the lesson should be recorded and published onto the iolma website.
- If you do not agree, that's okay, nothing will be recorded and this will not affect the lesson in any way.
- If you agree, then the teacher will record the lesson, edit it and might choose to publish it on the iolma website.
- If the lesson is published onto the website, it will become visible to other iolma members.
- Recorded lessons published onto the website will not only provide you with good exposure, but also allow teachers to better assess your skills, making lessons perfectly suited for you possible.
- At the same time, particularly in the case of advanced-level lessons, it could be a matter of prestige to have attended lessons with teachers of worldwide renown, so why not take pride in it?
- If you don't join the lesson within 15 minutes of the start time of the lesson, then the no-show fee will be applied.
- Teachers have different no-show policies. For details on the applicable no-show policy, please consult the respective teacher's profile page.
- If the teacher doesn't join the lesson within 15 minutes of the start time of the lesson, then the entire lesson fee will be reimbursed.